Manager, Playbook Strategy
We're looking for a new team member to join our unique and innovative Mighty & True way. You’ve probably heard all this before, but trust us it’s true. We really are different in the way we work. We are not a typical design or agency business. We do amazing design and create great marketing for some of the world's iconic tech brands. But at our core, we are hassle-free engineers. We look to find the best possible way to support our teammates and delight our customers through a systems-driven mindset.
We are looking to add a Playbook Strategist to our growing team. Our Play Strategist is accountable for devising innovative, high-performance yet hassle-free play strategies that seamlessly integrate with our clients' tech marketing needs, leveraging Mighty & True's unique playbook methodology to fuel our business growth and our customer’s business growth.
All roles at Mighty & True come with position agreements that detail what each role is accountable and the strategic and tactical work that is involved in the job. Below is a summary of the work for which this position is accountable.
- Strategic Play Strategy, Design and Innovation Leadership: Develop, refine, and innovate playbooks, plays, and creative snaps that align with clients' business objectives and the latest B2B and technology marketing trends.
- Performance Monitoring and Continuous Improvement: Track the effectiveness of play strategies, leveraging insights to continuously enhance and align with market dynamics and client goals.
- Internal Collaboration and Culture Building: Collaborate with internal teams to foster innovation and ensure comprehensive understanding and integration of the playbook methodology.
- Client Engagement: Build strong client relationships, becoming a trusted strategic advisor, while aligning our play strategies with their broader business goals and articulating the unique value proposition.
- Brand Integrity and Compliance: Ensure all play strategies adhere to Mighty & True's brand values, focusing on delivering high performance, low hassle solutions.
- Scalability and Efficiency Planning: Focus on developing strategies that are scalable and efficient to implement, facilitating growth for both Mighty & True and our clients.
- Playbook Execution: Work with the customer success and creative teams to implement the strategic playbooks, plays, and creative snaps, ensuring they are delivered on-time and meet the objectives of the customer’s strategy.
- Performance Monitoring: Conduct regular analysis to measure the performance of our strategies, identifying opportunities for optimization and improvement..
- Client Communication: Facilitate regular status updates, meetings, and presentations with clients to report on the progress and performance of the play strategies.
- Process Improvement: Identify and implement tactical process improvements to enhance efficiency, scalability, and overall client satisfaction.
- Business Development Support: Actively support business development efforts by building new strategies and tactics to pitch and proactively set up new business meetings, leveraging expert knowledge of our playbook methodology to demonstrate the unique value we bring to potential clients.
- Proposal Development: Create, estimate, and finalize the list of recommended tactics and pricing for each client proposal, ensuring they align with the strategic objectives and provide value to the client.
Following are guidelines on qualifications and nice-to-haves. We're really looking for people that live our values, are easy to get along with and are willing to help us make M&T better every day.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in B2B and tech marketing strategy (agency or client-side), with a strong focus on innovative and scalable solutions. Tech marketing managers, marketing planners, content marketing managers and similar roles are all encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution, specifically in the creation of structured marketing playbooks, plays and programs or similar strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive strategy and results.
- Exceptional client relationship skills, with experience in managing and growing client accounts.
- In-depth knowledge of current B2B marketing trends and marketing technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to Haves:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience working in a marketing agency environment.
- Proficiency with marketing technology tools and software, such as CRM systems, data analytics tools, project management software, etc.
- Experience in business development, including pitching and securing new business.
- Knowledge of or experience with no-code and AI-based tools to enhance efficiency.
- Passion for or experience with process improvement and systems building.
- Background in the tech industry, particularly in understanding tech-specific marketing needs and challenges.
This is a full-time position with all the perks and benefits of being a Mighty & True employee including those listed below:
- Generous vacation policy
- 4.5 Day Work Weeks
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- TeleDoc Services
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid training via Skillshare