Published: February 4, 2020 | Updated: February 5, 2020
Might & True is a B2B marketing agency looking for a Digital Marketing Analyst to join our Austin, Texas team.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about digital marketing and who is hyper-analytical. The perfect fit for this role will love to live in the numbers and provide data-led proof for everything. You love to dig into the numbers and come out with a hypothesis on how to improve elements of a campaign or project across all measurable tactics to ensure work performs beyond the client’s expectations.
This role will sit within Mighty & True’s performance and digital team but would have interaction with creative and dev teams. You’ll be on the ground floor of a fast growing digital team.
- Analyze and manipulate and analyze digital marketing performance data, including data from ad-serving platforms and web analytics platforms, to produce structured data sets for analysis.
- Provide assistance to clients to ensure proper analytics setup.
- Provide actionable overall market and customer insights to address key strategic questions across client needs (website, online/offline advertising, brand, product development).
- Apply knowledge of clients’ businesses, customers and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved is typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization.
- Maintain and improve tracking and reporting of marketing activities and KPIs, including development/automation of regular reports and different views of data.
- Utilize a multitude of data sources and programs, including (SQL), spreadsheet (Excel) models, web analytics tools (Google Analytics), CRM Systems (Salesforce), and campaign management software tools (Marketo)
- Work with larger performance team to ensure proper testing and analytics input related to CRO testing plans.
- Monitor budget distribution and performance of paid ad campaigns in partnership with campaign performance and account team leads.
- Manage ad hoc and internal M&T marketing data initiatives.
- Remains current with benchmarks across various client initiatives and industries.
- Partner with account teams to ensure proper intake and technical setup for reporting and measurement.
- Alignment and regular evaluation of campaign reporting platform(s) and outputs.
- Build data sets and agency specific performance benchmarks.
- Effectively navigate the client and partner organizations in which we participate and build strong client relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following reporting, analytics, or modeling.
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience.
- Must be very comfortable with processing, analyzing and presenting marketing data.
- Strong sense of ownership, relentless curiosity, and self-driven approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a mixture of analytical and communicative
- Ability to identify trends, statistically significant variants in data across client programs.
- Ability to work independently and with others within a collaborative, team-based, positive work environment.
- Experience evaluating data quality and cleaning analytics and campaign data.
- Ability to translate and communicate data analysis in an easy to understand manner to peers, clients and beyond.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time in order to meet assigned deadlines.
- Agency and/or B2B experience preferred.
About the Agency
Mighty & True is a growing Austin, Texas agency with a great client roster and some of the best people you'll ever meet.
We live for our clients and we live for doing good work, but we also know the importance of work/life balance and taking care of each other. If you want to make a difference with some of the biggest B2B and tech brands in the world but do it while having fun and enjoying life, then this is the team for you.