In the fast-paced digital world where B2B marketers compete for attention, "glanceable" content is like a billboard that catches the eye. Just as a striking billboard stands out to drivers amidst a sea of distractions, glanceable content aims to grab the attention of B2B prospects in a crowded digital landscape. This type of content plays a crucial role at the top of the B2B marketing funnel, where the first challenge is to capture the attention of prospects and introduce them to new possibilities.
The B2B Buying Process: A Complex Journey
The B2B buying process is a labyrinthine journey, often marked by its length and complexity. Gartner's research indicates that the typical B2B buying cycle involves multiple stakeholders and collective learning and decision-making stages. In this intricate process, the initial challenge for marketers is to make prospects aware of a problem or trend they have yet to consider. This is where glanceable content comes into play, catalyzing change in the buyer's journey.
Glanceable vs. Snackable: A Strategic Distinction
While "snackable content" is designed for easy consumption, offering informative bites of information, "glanceable content" is the provocateur in the room. It's obvious, instantly engaging, and designed to create a moment of realization or curiosity. Glanceable content is about making an immediate impact, akin to a billboard that delivers its message in a split second.
Crafting Glanceable Content: Five Key Considerations
Creating glanceable content is an art that requires a strategic blend of creativity and marketing acumen. To craft content that not only catches the eye but also resonates instantly, there are five key considerations that marketers must keep in mind:
- Impactful Visual Design: The visual design must be bold and striking, capable of capturing attention at a glance. Use vibrant colors, compelling imagery, and minimal text to convey a powerful message.
- Provocative Messaging: The content should always align with the brand's voice and ethos while challenging norms and provoking thought. Striking a balance between thought-provoking content and brand integrity is critical.
- Immediate Connection: The content must resonate instantly with the viewer's challenges or industry trends. Leveraging current data and trends can enhance this relevance.
- Simplicity and Clarity: The message should be clear and concise, avoiding any complexity that could dilute its impact. The goal is to convey a concept quickly and effectively.
- Strategic Placement: Placing the content where it is most likely to be seen by the target audience is crucial. This involves leveraging digital platforms and emerging technologies for optimal visibility.
Glanceable Content Formats: Examples and Requisites
In the realm of glanceable content, format plays a pivotal role. The correct format can enhance the impact of the content, making it more likely to catch the viewer's eye and provoke thought. Here are some practical formats for glanceable content, along with their specific requisites:
- Infographics: Use bold colors and minimal text to highlight a surprising industry trend. The key is to convey complex data in an easily digestible format.
- Short, Visually Interesting eBooks: Longer form than an infographic but more visual than a traditional eBook. We recommend a 70/30 picture to copy ratio.
- Short Animations or GIFs: Create visually engaging, looped messages that convey a concept humorously or exaggeratedly, making it memorable.
- Interactive Polls or Quizzes: Design these for quick engagement, with questions or results that provoke thought or reveal surprising insights.
- Eye-Catching Social Media Posts: Utilize striking visuals and succinct copy to stand out on platforms like Twitter or LinkedIn, where brevity is key.
- Micro-Videos: Produce short, impactful videos that address a pain point or highlight a statistic, delivering the message in under 30 seconds.
The Power of a Glance
Much like a well-placed billboard, Glanceable content can transform perspectives and initiate the B2B buyer's journey. As marketers, embracing creativity and innovation in our early-funnel content strategies is beneficial and essential in a world where attention is the most valuable currency. It's not like we've given up on the e-book or other longer form copy. We love those too. In fact, check out this blog post digging deeper into top-of-funnel strategy and all the formats we recommend when attracting new buyers.
We are experts in crafting top of funnel, technology marketing plays that get tech buyers to sit up and take notice. Need to create more glanceable campaigns? Look us up!